Last Updated on
Developing a good brand is just as important for real estate brokers and agents as it is for property developers. It can spell the difference between you and your competitors, making you the top of mind in the industry.
In a highly competitive industry such as real estate, branding can make or break your business. Here’s how you can build a brand that clients trust.
Determine what your values are
Ask yourself: Why are you in the business? Who do you want to help? What do you aspire to achieve? Knowing the answers to these questions will help sustain your drive to excel even when the going gets tough.
Do a thorough competitive research
Learn more about the top players in the industry; look up any information available. What markets are they catering to? How are they promoting their products and services? This exercise will help you identify opportunities where you can come in.
Know what differentiates you from the competition
There are hundreds of real estate agencies and agents out there; know that you know them, what will make you stand out? Do a self-examination and see what your strengths are. It could be:
- An industry certification
- Value-added services such as mortgage assistance
- Being a respected member of the community
- Specializing in a niche market, such as beach properties or green houses
Now, give your brand an identity
This will help you create brand recall. More than just a logo and a tag line that resonate with your target market, brand identity also includes:
- An in-depth, well-designed marketing kit
- An online presence, as most consumers start doing their property research on the internet. Start with a website, Facebook, and Instagram account.
We recommend working with a branding professional; it may entail a considerable investment, but it’s crucial to build a brand persona that’s immediately identifiable and engaging with your audience.
Consistently build brand awareness
Gaining client loyalty takes time and consistent effort; you have to make them feel, again and again, that they are working with someone reliable; someone who knows the ins and outs of the industry and gets the job done.
Some of the ways you can do to be constantly top of mind include:
- Sharing positive client feedback. Testimonials of actual people have strong convincing power.
- Posting quality content on your website and social media channels. Create posts with added value, such as tips, how-to articles, or property-related advice. Your readers should take away useful information and be prompted to know more about your brand. Keep in mind that the posts should also reflect your brand’s values. Ideally, content should be updated 5 times a week.
- Sharing awards and recognitions received.
- Establishing thought leadership by taking advantage of opportunities like public speaking engagements, or by being a resource person for a property-related article or a report.
- Consistently answering questions and comments on both offline and online channels and engage followers in a friendly discussion.
Once you’ve established your brand, do take care of it. Failure to do so will affect client trust, and ultimately your business reputation.
Sources: Easy Agent Pro, Elite Agent
Read our previous journal for more tips.